SECTION 8 COMPANY REGISTRATION
A Section 8 Company is an organization which is registered as a Non-Profit Organization (NPO). NPO/company has its objective of promotion of arts, commerce, charity, education, protection of environment, science, social welfare, sports, research, religion and intends to apply its profits, if any, or other income in promoting its objects. It functions exactly like a limited company including all the rights and obligations that come with such a company. However, it differs from a company in one very crucial aspect, i.e. it cannot use the words “Section 8” or “Limited” in its name.
The income of the Company must be used to promote only charitable objects and cannot pay any dividend to the members of the company. The central government provides an incorporation certificate to all such companies and also informs them about some restrictions and conditions. In case they don’t fulfil them, the central government may also order them to wind up the company. In case fraud objectives of the Company are proved, legal action will be taken against all officers of the Company.Section 8 Company Registration can be done through CAJodhpur in Delhi NCR, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Chennai and other Indian cities.
STEPS TO INCORPORATE SECTION 8 COMPANY REGISTRATION
1. Application of DSC & DPIN: First of all, the partners have to apply for Digital signature and DPIN. A digital signature is an online signature used of filing and DPIN refers to Directors PIN number issued by MCA. If the directors already have DSC and DPIN, then this step can be skipped.
2. Name approval: You to provides 3 different name options to MCA of which one will be selected. Names provided should ideally be unique and suggestive of company business
3. Approval of other authorities: The Registrar of Companies may require the applicant to furnish the approval or concurrence of any department, regulatory body, appropriate authority, or Ministry of the Central or State Government(s) in relation to the work to be done.
4. Obtaining Section 8 Company Licence: After the company’s name is approved, one needs to apply for a Section 8 Company license from the MCA.The Registrar will wait for 30 days for objections, if any, of any person pursuant to notice published in newspapers.The Registrar might also consult any other regulatory bodies and necessary authorities.
Thereafter, the Registrar of Companies may, at its discretion, grant the license with or without certain conditions. The Registrar may direct the company to insert in its memorandum, or in its articles, or partly in one and partly in the other, such licensing conditions as may be specified by the Registrar in this behalf.
5. MOA & AOA submission: Once the license is obtained, one needs to draft Memorandum of association and Articles of Associate. But the object of the company must always be a charitable object. Both MOA and AOA are filed with the MCA with the subscription statement.
6. Get Section 8 Company incorporation certificate: It typically takes 15- 25 days to form a Section 8 company and get the incorporation certificate. The Certificate of Incorporation is proof that a company exists. It also includes your CIN (Company Incorporation Number).The Registrar will wait for 30 days for objections, if any, of any person pursuant to notice published in newspapers.The Registrar might also consult any other regulatory bodies and necessary authorities. Thereafter, the Registrar of Companies at its discretion may grant the license. And such license may contain conditions as deemed necessary by the Registrar.
7. Apply for PAN, TAN and Bank account: Then you need to apply for PAN and TAN. PAN and TAN are received in 7 working days. Post this, you can submit the Incorporation Certificate, MOA, AOA and PAN with the bank to open your bank account.
The Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) has issued an integrated incorporation form INC-32. So now, an OPC can be incorporated online by filling the Simplified Proforma for Incorporating Company Electronically (SPICe) form in Form INC-32 (using Digital Signature Certificate of the Director)along with (eMoA) in Form INC-33 and (eAoA) in Form INC-34.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR SECTION 8 COMPANY REGISTRATION
ELIGIBILITY FOR SECTION 8 COMPANY REGISTRATION
© Copyright 2017 Codemind Technologies. All rights reserved.